Sunday, February 12, 2006

I must take issue

with this generally entertaining profile of Ayelet Waldman by Regis Behe: "When Waldman decided to quit her job as a public defender in Los Angeles in order to raise her children -- more evidence that she's not the evil mother as portrayed by her detractors -- she sought another outlet for her talents." So, uh, it is evil for a woman to have children and also a demanding full-time job?!? Some editor should have caught this, how awful.... (Thanks to Sarah for the link.)

More posts to follow later this evening.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks--I have a sick obsession with Ayelet. I'm wondering how she's feeling about being called chick lit in the Times yesterday--I'm thinking either ecstatic or distraught, and I wouldn't venture to predict.

    ReplyDelete