Thursday, July 30, 2009

Rogue woolly monkeys

Books written by people who have raised apes in their homes! (Link courtesy of Brent.)

I also note that Me Cheeta: My Life in Hollywood has made the Booker longlist - hmmm, I feel an Amazon splurge coming on... - pity so many of them haven't been published in the US yet. Some years ago I was very full of the notion that I'd like to do a frenetic Booker longlist August blog bit, but really I would only do it if someone would send me the books for free! But perhaps I will read the few of them that are actually alluring and convenient to get hold of...

2 comments:

  1. The only ones I've read are Hilary Mantel's Wolf Hall, which is amazing, and Sarah Waters's The Little Stranger, which I enjoyed but which was far from brilliant. I'll admit that Me, Cheetah is pretty intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. re: Dave Lull's link
    Who said Cheetas never prosper?

    ReplyDelete