Saturday, May 07, 2011

SEAL-themed pitches

"A SEAL who travels in time to the land of the vikings": the universe of Navy SEAL romance novels!

(I read one of these books once by accident; I bought it in the airport in Grand Cayman, which has a total selection of about 15 mass-market paperbacks to choose from, under the mistaken impression that it was a straight thriller, and was startled and slightly disturbed as a multi-page sex scene several chapters in alerted me to my generic misapprehension!)

3 comments:

  1. "For readers, Navy SEALs are superheroes without the spandex," said Pamela White, a journalist and romance novelist whose pen name is Pamela Clare.

    [I don't really see the rationale for the renaming.]

    ReplyDelete
  2. An abbreviation of 'Pamela Clarissa'?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha!

    ("It was a White lie," Pam declared.)

    ReplyDelete