Wednesday, March 19, 2014

ASECS bound

Heading to Williamsburg on the train tomorrow for the annual meeting of the American Society for Eighteenth-Century Studies. I am on an interesting panel called "How to Read an Eighteenth-Century Page" - this is my page (borrowed from ECCO - need to get in to office early this morning to make a better handout/scan from the reproduction of the 1729 Dunciad Variorum!):
My father had to go into hospital last week in Philadelphia, and is still there (hopefully he'll get out early next week). I was there briefly over the weekend to visit, but am feeling very guilty for not being on-site to help out with stuff. It is the nature of the school year that March and April are particularly demanding - I will hope to be able to go down when he's released and settle him back in at home....

1 comment:

  1. I hope your father is on the mend; it is such a worry when a parent is ill.

    ReplyDelete